Creature Comfort

Creature Comfort
snake charmer,my self portrait photographed by Jon Unson

"Watch your thoughts; they become your words. Watch your words; they become your actions.Watch your actions; they become your habits.Watch your habits; they become your character.Watch your character; it becomes your destiny"

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A furry tale.

Some of the most important life lessons I have learned are amazingly from my friendship with dogs. I have always had dogs, even when I was little. As far as I can remember all of my life stages I shared with dogs.


It must've rubbed off on me, since my grandparents from my fathers side are great animal lovers. I remember my grandma (God bless her soul) was very passionate about her pet dogs which some were actually rescued from an inevitable doom had she not intervened.


She was a very good parent to her dogs, going to the wet market early mornings to buy some fish and meat for the dogs and then cooking it up into a very healthy meal. She never believed in commercial dogfoods, she would insist on preparing and going thru the trouble herself and knowing what she is feeding her dogs rather than just buying something off the rack. And indeed her dogs were very healthy. I could vividly remember, that their coats were always gleaming in health. Their bodies very solid and always full of energy.


My grandma told me once, that a person who is kind to animals is a good hearted person. This I grew up believing and living. Anyhow, the video you are about to see is an ode to all my furry friends, some of them have already crossed over to the rainbow bridge. I hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment